01 May 2006

Speak Well Speak Up Speak Out

My bro and I did this test on the weekend thinking that we could participate in the challenge only to realise that the challenge was for2005! We were both pretty impressed with ourselves at our score as we did it in one attempt!! I stumbled onto this Speak Good English website some time ago and it was part of the Speak Good English movement that the homeland was trying to promote last year. I dont think it worked though just looking at some of the Singapore blogs that are on cyberspace. This movement is highly overdue as there is a need to improve some of the pronunciation and grammar usage by the inhabitants of the homeland. How ironical though to have a Speak Good English campaign, as I remember when I was growing up, they had the Speak Mandarin Campaign! Although that campaign didnt quite work on me.

Anyway, I recommend this website, it has mini quizzes for you to take to see how good your grammar is and the pronunciation.... also has lessons on how to improve your English... this is something that should be looked at if the homeland strives to be a global centre for businesses.... and people would stop pronouncing vegetables as ve-ge-ta-bles.....


No comments: