08 June 2005

the one with the news

The biggest news I got today down the grapevine is that my ex-big boss has resigned. It was pretty shocking at first and I very gleefully told a few of my other ex-colleagues.... but when more news came down as to why she resigned, I suppose it made sense. Afterall, she is in a male dominated company and they wouldn't promote her any higher.

CB and I actually hope that our exit questionnaire had something to do with it. We can only hope, as we will not know her real reason.

Even though towards the end of my work there she started to be a very knarky b**** to me, I have to admire her for being the only female principal in this very male dominated firm. Initially, when she came into our department, I really thought she was a nice person - amazingly I even told her so in a department training session. Boy was I wrong.... she turned out to be mega B and totally blind to what some of the other staff was doing behind her back and in front of her - plus she had pretty bad managerial skills.... if only the firm would look at the staff turnover of her department and realise that all the good people have left (ahem... including me!). Oh and she had her favourites, after I resigned I found out that she didnt quite like me... but hey ... that's life, I didnt quite like her either. Maybe becoz I didnt like her favourites..... and created too much chaos for her (like protesting over the forced 10 hour days) ... but hey at the end of the day, I still did my work, and I know I did my work good... despite what she may think.

Maybe one day our paths may cross and we will not have a boss/employee relationship and perhaps be friends - but that is highly unlikely. And I am so refraining from mentioning the many speculations that the staff has with her marriage with another principal in the firm....but we have our suspicions. Here's to you JS, as much as I don't like you and you didnt like me and was a crappy manager in the department, I have to admire you for being the only female principal in the firm. And though you had aspirations to be made partner, did you really think they would make you a partner whilst you are only working part time??

No comments: