06 June 2005

the one doing nothing

Yup..... the title says it all.... I have been an absolute slacker this weekend.... but I partly blame it on the weather.... it's been cloudy and on the verge of rain. The weather forecasts keeps saying it will rain, and thunderstorm and so I've been waiting. Given my love and fasincation for thunderstorms I've been waiting and waiting.

Thunderstorms brings back a few memories for me. Once we were in Tulsa and there was a tornado/hurricane approaching and people were sitting in the lobby looking at the sky at the lightning. It was absolutely amazing to see lightning flashing across a clear sky. Another, was my brother and I playing in the rain one wet and rainy afternoon back in Singapore and nearly got caught by mum......

Of course with a thunderstorm you should be cuddled up in bed or in front of the heater on the sofa with a special someone. Alas, there is no such person in my life.... so for now, I make do with 2 dogs - who happens to occupies more space than I do on the sofa.

No comments: