24 July 2006

Rainy, Gusty Winds, Cloudy Skies....

So today's weather had a severe weather warning, with strong winds, rain and of course cloudiness. When I described the weather to my pal LKP, he said it reminded him of Edinburgh... and how living in Edinburgh was like one of the best times of his life... and I would concur with him and I think most of the HWSRC gang would agree as well. Time really flies, 10 years ago this month we all graduated from HWU. 10 years on, most have kids, careers and living in different countries. Top of the list are the Bean Family, they have 4 kids and one more on the way - they can pretty much have a basketball team. The rest are a little more normal, with 1 or 2 kids... and LKP has a baby girl on the way...

If the weather continues like this, it'll make me nostalgic and who knows, I might start posting what we used to do at uni.... but the top 10 memories are (in no particular order)

1. Graduation Ceremony, Sunken Garden Party, Throwing caps in the air in Princes Street Gardens
2. Playing with fireworks during Chinese New Year in the middle of the night in winter... oh and throwing
oranges in the loch as well
3. Snow fights, making snow families, sliding down sunken garden in trash bags.
4. Getting in trouble with the warden for making too much noise in my room with like 10 people squashed in
5. Drinking at the pub, Doctors and everywhere else on Grassmarket and in HWU
6. Cooking, eating, more cooking, more eating
7. Hogmany
8. Driving to Manchester to watch Jacky Cheung concert and driving back in the middle of the night. Not that
I understood much of what was going on in the concert
9. Going out for suppers just on the eve of my exams in the middle of the night (dont tell dad!)
10. Making friends and forming HWSRC

No comments: