12 July 2006

Ikea Delivery Sucks

On Monday, I got a sofa from Ikea and arranged to have it delivered. It was a rip off when at the delivery desk I got told to pay $60 for the delivery when only a couple of days ago, when I got the washing machine, I only paid $30. Anyway, totally BP, so had to pay $60.

Anyway, at the delivery desk @ Ikea, the knick knock of the guy there said to call a certain number after 9am on Wednesday as delivery would be on Wednesday. At 9am this morning, I called the number and then the same knick knock, gave me another number to call. When I called the other number given, IT WAS SWITCHED OFF! How spastic is that - to be a delivery company and still have the phone switched off? So I called the knick knock guy again to say the phone number he gave is switched off and the knick knock guy said that he cannot do anything about it. What a load of croc! So I got pissed off and called Ikea Customer Service, and I dont know why it's called Customer Service when they werent very helpful at all. The girl told me that they were loading the truck, so not answering the phone. So I said to her if they're loading the truck, why can't she go and ask them what time they can deliver my furniture, and then she said that they dont work for Ikea and they are at another warehouse. So, I wonder if she's psychic?? She then basically told me that I have to wait until the phone is switched on. I know this place is WA aka for Wait Awhile, but seriously, this was getting abit ridiculous. Here's a quote from the Ikea website that says:

"Our Customer Services departments will endeavour to resolve any issue to your satisfaction. "

What bull! I was also that I could write in to lodge a complain - which I did obviously. I also asked if I would get a reply - and I was told Yes. But heh.... surprise surprise, I havent got a reply yet!

Finally got thru to the delivery guy @ 10am who told me that they were going to deliver my furniture between 12.30 and 1pm - but they'll call an hour before arriving. So it's all good - or so I thought!! It went past 12.30 and still no call, so I called again and another guy said that the first guy who told me 12.30 - 1pm shouldnt have said that and instead it will be at 3pm!!!! Like What the F**K!

Update - 2.45pm
Well it's now almost 3pm, and I just called and asked if it's coming and I've just been told it will be in abt 1.5 hours - which makes it 4.30pm!!! And I should just wait and they will call me an hour before they get to my place.... Do they actually think people have got time to just wait all day?

No comments: