23 March 2006

Work just sucks more and more.....

I know I keep whinging about work but really work just gets from bad to worse. There's a rumour going on this week that we're abt to get uniforms to wear... IF I was in a service industry, constantly meeting people and clients, I can understand the need for uniforms to represent the company... but we hardly see anyone nor have any clients come into our office... and we have to wear uniforms?? Good grief...

Last week I scored a brownie point by doing an almost perfect file and I got 'praised'.... later on I found out that my satay doesnt like giving me compliments and praises as she feels that each time she gives me a compliment or a praise, I slack off thinking that I can be abit slack now that I've achieved some brownie points... that obviously pissed me off... but earlier on this week, I queried a client over a transaction on his bank statement which as work goes, it was my satay who had to ask the client abt this transactions coz low lifes like us are not allowed to speak to clients... and it turns out that it was a transaction that could have been easily recognised had I looked at the tax portal - well in the first place, the person who made the deposit into the bank account should have narrated the transaction better!!! Anyway, I got a blasting from my satay asking if I actually go thru the processing instructions and if I had, I would have picked up the transaction in the tax portal.... So I admitted that I dont use the processing instructions... Hey I'm a Pro at what I do so why should I?? Anyway, today I thought I will have a search for this processing instructions to see what the big deal is all about and I found out that it actually doesnt exist on our database but on the lap top of Number 1!!! Like Hello... how the f**k am I suppose follow these instructions if they are not readily available to staff??? Just coz the client that I requested this query from is some high flyer in some bank... he's being treated like a god... I think the bosses fail to realise that people do make mistakes.... to top it off, I later found out that satay made an error with some pension calculations as she used the wrong date of birth for one of the clients, and in that process, they had taken out excess pension money for the year... HAHAHAHAH!! She stuffed up!! So nobody's perfect, but I'm sure she will find some excuse to justify her for that.

Another guy at work got told that he works too slow and he needs to work faster - especially in the processing. Do they think we're robots now? He's only been with us for slightly over 2 months and has to learn so much new stuff and yet they expect him to work faster... and to make matters worse, they've changed his seating as well to be just outside the bosses office so that they can keep an eye on him...that's just so pathetic.

And of course, the bosses have their favourites, so no matter what any of their favourites does and does not achieve, they are excused and spoken for by the bosses... but the underdogs and low lifes like us who are constantly under the hate radar, whatever we do or dont achieve, we get blamed for it

This is my latest chant.... I NEED A NEW JOB.... I NEED A NEW JOB....I NEED A NEW JOB.... I NEED A NEW JOB....I NEED A NEW JOB.... I NEED A NEW JOB....I NEED A NEW JOB.... I NEED A NEW JOB....I NEED A NEW JOB.... I NEED A NEW JOB....

No comments: