18 October 2006

Idiot Alert!!! BUZZ!!! BUZZ!!!!

No... I'm not the idiot for once... but it's with this guy that comes into the office. To me he is a space waster - he isnt employed by us, but the boss has given him a desk space to use and he doesnt come into the office everyday. When he comes in, he opens envelopes and does mundane stuff... I call him the space waster... amongst other names... he has other names like dirty old man, space waster and a f**kwit

Time and again he's asked me really dumb questions. Once he asked me what happened to his files as he left his computer running over the weekend and when he came back on Monday the files are 'gone' and the computer had rebooted itself. So I asked him if he saved his documents and he just looked blankly at me... and I said if you don't save your work, you cant expect it to be there when you come back after a few days... anything can happen like a computer rebooting itself....

Strike Two was when he asked me to do some interest calculations for him on Excel. So I did them and he thought I had some jazzy programme to do it. Anyway, I told him I saved the file on the shared directory, and he said he has no access to that directory. Next, I said I'll email it to him, then he said he has no internet access at work. Finally I asked if he had a thumb drive so I'll copy the files over. He asked me what a thumb drive is... after I showed him one, he said Oh yeah I have that in my drawer!! After I copied the files into a thumb drive, and went to his computer, his computer doesnt have a USB port!!! What the ....

Strike Three came this afternoon... he had already irritated me earlier in the afternoon when he tried to get me into trouble with the boss... then he wanted me to send an Australian cheque to Vanuatu, so I asked him to check that it can be done... so he said he'll email Vanuatu... and then he asked me what is the internet address here... So I said what do you mean by internet address... he said he is emailing someone and wants that person to reply to him here (at the office). So I asked him how are you emailing this person. He said I'm writing to him from my computer here.... but I dont have a work email address, so this person cant reply to here. So I told him that whichever email address he is emailing from, when the person receives it and hits reply, it will go back to whichever email address he has. So he said...But I want the email to come here not to my home.... It didnt make sense to me at all, but to avoid me getting anymore dumb answers, I gave him my work email address. Ok seriously, I think he lives in the stone age. Just then the phone rang for him, I told him he has a call waiting for him, and he asked me which one... erh.. we only have ONE phone line here and there was only ONE light blinking on his phone!!!

I had to go for a drive to get him out of my sight... seriously.... I might just end up being as stupid as him if I hang around him too much ....

No comments: