16 September 2006

Aussie Germs are Weak :)

A couple of times last year, when I was working for the terrible company, I tried ways and means to have sick days. When my friends were sick, I offered to share drinks with them. They thought I was nuts coz if I had wanted to just sit at home, I can just call in sick. But the conscientious part of me says that I have to be sick to stay at home.... I know... I'm nuts

Anyway, earlier on this year, when I was back in Singapore, my friend LYT wouldn't share a drink with me coz she said she was sick. So I said to her, let's see if Singapore germs are stronger than Aussie germs coz I can't seem to get sick from Aussie germs.... so we shared a drink.... a couple of days later I not only fell sick but lost my voice for ONE WEEK... what was also good was that I scored another 4 days of extra time off....

Back to the present... I'm sick again... , I think I got my germs from some Singaporeans and Malaysians... and this time round, I dont really want to be sick coz I actually like my job! I've been stuck at home since Wednesday afternoon... sleeping, coughing, wheezing, sniffing, sneezing and when I cough, the dogs actually get scared :( My tummy muscles hurt from all this coughing... coughing sucks... The best bit is that I found out from the chemist that there's such things as cough capsules... yay... considering I'm not a fan of the cough syrup :)
Anyway, back to the couch....

No comments: