19 June 2006

Life

I was reminded of how short life can be last week when one of the Uncles' in the church suddenly went home to be with the Lord. He was out walking his dog, doing his normal exercises when suddenly he suffered a massive heart attack and *poof* he was gone. This was a guy who was fit and got a clean bill of health from the doctors just a couple of weeks ago. On one hand I think this is the best way to die, no pain no suffering... however, the suddeness of it on the loved ones left behind isnt so good... the shock of it on his family was very overwhelming. I can now understand how my granny and uncle and auntie and dad felt when my grandpa passed away suddenly as well in 1958.

Rest in peace Kelvin, from the eulogies heard last night at the memorial service, I think you have done God, your family and yourself proud.

No comments: