21 April 2006

My Very Own Sampan


So I'm about to embark on my own sampan and it's scary. When I was a kid, dad bought me this Smurfette Poster on the left and through out the years I'm often reminded of this poster. Even though I would still be employed by a company and be paid, I will have to learn how to set up my own sampan and be responsible for it.

The last couple of days, in the midst of vegetating at home and with HT who is also bumming around, I've had to think of a name for my company which would have significance to me, and checking out domain names and ASIC. Whilst this is all so exciting, I'm also apprehensive and scared as this is all a whole new challenge for me.

I've come up with the name 'mustard seed'. Why you may ask. It has a lot to do with faith , both between myself and God and between my future 'clients' and myself.

Whilst reminiscing with my brother and some friends about Sunday School songs we used to sing, a chorus popped into my mind which to an extent describes the challenges that will lay ahead for me

I don't know about tomorrow; I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine for its skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future for I know what Jesus said;
And, today, I'll walk beside Him for He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand.
But, I know Who holds tomorrow, and I know Who holds my hand!

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
by Ira F. Stanphill

2 comments:

charcoal.satsuma said...

Twelve Baskets will be at your service.... you can get special consultant's discount

The Yeoman Lyne said...

I had that poster too.